January 22, 2013

A lady and the book "I too had a love story" - Part1

Dated:
21st Jan 2013,
Monday,
18:15 IST

I boarded the 18:15 IST bus and I was all set to take my usual 30 minute nap.But before that, something very interesting happened to me ...

Story...
During my commute, I usually prefer the window seat and I put my bag on the seat besides mine, so I could just sit alone with no neighbor beside me.This is feasible, usually in the mornings. Its only sometimes that I have a neighbor beside me and that very person would mostly be one among the many friends I know in the bus.
                          A few months ago, almost every person in the bus enjoyed the window seat with no neighbor besides them, in the mornings(Not quite possible in the evenings as the bus would be fully occupied), which I think, is good, because at least then, one would have some time to be with oneself , in solitude! But, from the start of this year, One could hardly sit alone and I also missed my window seat by a 5 minute delay almost everyday during the evenings.

So, yesterday, I boarded my 18:15 IST bus, on the way home, and I happened to sit beside a lady whom I knew for almost 2 years now. And , by saying "I knew her" , it means I knew her only by her face and place where she boards the bus from.
                          I was looking for a place to sit and she was conversing over her phone while she, kind lady, took off her bag that she had placed on the seat besides her, so I could sit. I was now adjusting my seat and making myself comfortable, and that's when, my eyes popped onto the book that was on her lap.
(Curious)

I, a maniac, forgot the basic ways to strike a conversation at that moment, for I was deeply engrossed in knowing the book from the outside first.

An ideal conversation (so you don't scare the person or the other way round, if you know what I mean ..!) with someone you did not know, but wanted to, would be, some what,
this way ...
"Hello" 
(her reply)
"I am Cinderella, may I know your name?" 
(her reply)
"Would you mind if I borrow your book for a while?"
(her reply)

But Alas!
                          I looked curiously at the book to know which one it was, turning my head just the way a Sunflower gets attracted to the Sunlight. I then unhesitatingly asked her 
"Can I take a look at the book?" 
forgetting the basics I just mentioned above ... (does that matter??!!)
She very kindly said, 
"sure" 
and gave me the book.

"I too had a love story" - by Ravinder Singh, yeah that was name of the book!
I read the gist of the book at its back, It seemed like an interesting love story. IMO every love story irrespective of its similarities seems interesting.
Without any second thought, leave alone second, I just did not think and I started to read the book.
I was determined to complete reading the 200 page book no matter what.
(engrossed)

Its a love story, which initially seemed like I already read before, but this one is something very closely related to Cinderella and Mr Director(alas! Mr D doesn't know how Cinderella feels...now don't ask me who they are..!!)

I read until my eyes watered and my head started to pain and my stomach started to churn from within (feeling  nauseated). I was done with a 100 pages by now, I took a small break by closing my eyes and keeping the book close to my heart. I then closed it and gave back the book to the lady and smiled. She smiled in return and said nothing. I took another 10 minute nap ...

I then woke up from the heavenly feeling on reading a good book and I apologized to her for my weird behavior saying ...
(face-palm)

            
"I apologize for not having let you read your book"
She said,
"that's okay"
I then smiled. And then she asked me,
"So how did you like it?"
And I said,
"So far, like any other love story, yet interesting..."
And she smiled again.
After a few minutes of silence I asked her what her name was and I told her my name, I thanked her then for having given me the book. (Another face-palm for having thanked her a bit late).
By now, I thought I would download an eBook so I could finish reading, as this thought came to my mind, the lady said 
"I shall carry this book along with me every day, so you can read when ever we meet" 
and after saying this she suggested me not to buy it.
I felt good. I smiled at her and thanked her for being so nice. I wished her a good night and on reaching home I relished the first 100 pages of the book  and then dozed off.


...... To be Continued .....


1 comment:

Mirza Ghalib said...

I finished the book in 5 days, I really like this story! Its a sweet emotional heartwarming & heart touching story. Very simple language so anybody can understand. I research about the writer & his girl friend as i know Its a true story. I wish him best of luck for next book...!

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...