February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts : Episode 3

When I woke up today I wondered if all that I have heard about Valentine's Day was true. I was not looking forward to anything nor was I hoping to find anyone. I knew that it would be like any other day and I was not to be disappointed. Still I was very apprehensive about one thing, is it perfectly alright to wish anyone? Isn't it supposed to be only for lovers to whom the greetings are conveyed?

Well, I think it should be. The day is theirs who have been in a relation or those who want to convey their love and of course, the usual darling,-I-want-to-rekindle-our-love types. Also, it would be a funny sight watching two guys laughing and chatting, and the word dostana would acquire a particularly notorious fame as a substitute for its english equivalent. Nevertheless the day is definitely meant for those in love ( or infatuation, have a crush, etc) : homo or hetero.

And so I was pleasantly shocked when everyone was wishing each other and feeling proud about it. I recovered with a fit of laughter and never looked back at the issue. Well here goes another " we " day, maybe next time...

On a more serious note, the cornucopia of realizations have started yielding conclusions and have opened up doors. To start with I would say the world works in a most peculiar way. Not exactly bad but definitely not good. In short, I hate it the way it is, but yet love its intricacies since even I am its member.

You should be very careful about certain things, losing self-esteem in front of others can leave you depressed and cowardly. Stand up to all dumbasses, they will hurt you. They will kick mud in your eyes, waste your time, insult you and enjoy your losses. The important thing is to control yourself, don't let the taunts make you react. Grow strong with every insulting word you hear; knowing how weak and immature the opponent is to have said that. But when someone else is being subjected to this kind of an emotional test, don't hesitate, stop the dumbass right there. You may look like the dumbest person on earth but remember this:
P. G. Wodehouse (1881-1975)
"Golf... is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well."
It may sound irrelevant; but to keep your head when others around you are losing theirs is a great virtue indeed.

Things like bad group behavior and overeating have stepped far away. Maybe they have found love in more reliable people :-).

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...